K2599 Fails when engine on

Hi, I have a single speed wiper motor on my Citroen 2CV and the K2599 works as predicted with the engine off. With the engine on it is very erratic, buzzing relay and flashing LED. Any ideas please ?

Probably there’s too much electrical noise coming from the engines.

Try adding a big capacitor in parallel with the power lines and add a diode in serie

OK, 2200mf capacitor now across supply, diode in series with +, what do you suggest to stop it now please ?

Try shielding the complete kit with metal
Without making short-circuits ofcourse

You cannot be serious. If the kit has to be modified and then fitted to a tin can, it is not fit for purpose. I am making the test on extended wires with only the supply connected the circuit board is hanging in fresh air away from the dashboard. is a tin can all you can suggest ?

I did a little research on your car.
It looks like it could have a 6 volt charging system.
If this is true I don’t think the K2599 will work as it requires a 12 volt system.

This is a guess on my part because I have never seen this kind of car.

No, sorry, the car was one of the last, it was made in Portugal in 1984 and is definitely 12 volts, I have fitted the same delay unit to my 1973 Citroen DS without problems. The only problem I found was the relays were bigger than the selector switch making it impossible to mount directly to a panel with the nut on the switch, it’s now mounted separately from the unit on lots of extended wires. Maybe a redesign should be looked at ?

Another thought.
Remember I know nothing about this car.
Could there be a fault in the charging system maybe a bad diode of something putting out electrical noise?
I don’t know if this car uses a alternator or a generator.

Just trying to help.

Thanks, its an alternator I’ll check, I suppose I might be getting a bit of AC ?