K2400 Password does not work

Hello,

I have bought the K2400 BrightDot Clock.

After assembling and powering up, there is shown an orbiting blue circle. I tried to log into the clocks network with the password from the documentation.

I tried it on several mobiles and a PC, but everytime I cannot log in with the notice, that the password is wrong.

Is there a new password?

Thank you for your help

Helmut

The password is still K2400password
You can try to reflash the module with the firmware :slight_smile:

You’ll need to install the ESP32 Arduino enviroment and a few libraries

Thank you, that’s what I wanted to do, if you do not have another solution for me.

When I try to reflesh the module with the firmware, there are the following errors:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 7), TD: 1.45, Board: “ESP32 Dev Module, Disabled, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, None”

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:123:28: error: ‘NeoEsp32RmtWS2813_V3Method’ was not declared in this scope

NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32RmtWS2813_V3Method> strip(PixelCount, PixelPin);

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:123:54: error: template argument 2 is invalid

NeoPixelBus<NeoGrbFeature, NeoEsp32RmtWS2813_V3Method> strip(PixelCount, PixelPin);

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:123:82: error: expression list treated as compound expression in initializer [-fpermissive]

^

D:\Projekte ESP32\K2400-BrightDot-Clock\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:148:9: error: request for member ‘Begin’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Begin();

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:149:9: error: request for member ‘Show’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Show();

^

D:\Projekte ESP32\K2400-BrightDot-Clock\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0.ino: In function ‘void codeForLEDtask(void*)’:

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:193:17: error: request for member ‘SetPixelColor’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.SetPixelColor(i, RgbColor (0,0,255));

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:194:17: error: request for member ‘Show’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Show();

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:199:17: error: request for member ‘SetPixelColor’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.SetPixelColor(i, RgbColor (0,0,0));

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:200:17: error: request for member ‘Show’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Show();

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:208:17: error: request for member ‘SetPixelColor’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.SetPixelColor(i, RgbColor (0,255,0));

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:209:17: error: request for member ‘Show’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Show();

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:214:17: error: request for member ‘SetPixelColor’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.SetPixelColor(i, RgbColor (0,0,0));

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:215:17: error: request for member ‘Show’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Show();

^

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:334:17: error: request for member ‘Show’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.Show();

^

D:\Projekte ESP32\K2400-BrightDot-Clock\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0.ino: In function ‘void ClearArrays()’:

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:1633:11: error: request for member ‘SetPixelColor’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.SetPixelColor(i, color);

^

D:\Projekte ESP32\K2400-BrightDot-Clock\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0\CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0.ino: In function ‘void BlendArrays()’:

CLOCK_FIRMWARE_1.0:1666:11: error: request for member ‘SetPixelColor’ in ‘strip’, which is of non-class type ‘int’

strip.SetPixelColor(i, color);

^

Mehrere Bibliotheken wurden für “WiFi.h” gefunden
Benutzt: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\WiFi
Nicht benutzt: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi
exit status 1
‘NeoEsp32RmtWS2813_V3Method’ was not declared in this scope

Dieser Bericht wäre detaillierter, wenn die Option
“Ausführliche Ausgabe während der Kompilierung”
in Datei -> Voreinstellungen aktiviert wäre.

What goes wrong?

Thank you for your help

Helmut

Here is a zip file with all the necessary libraries:

Hello,

thank you for the libraries. It does not work anyway. I received other error messages.

Since I was very busy, I restarted today with continuing and found a solution. So now the project compiles. But the upload does not work. I think, the settings I did in the Arduino IDE are not correct.

Settings|512x300

Can you please send me the correct settings for your board?

Thank you!

I have solved the problem, by figuring out, the the ESP is a WROOM-32, not ESP Dev. I changed the settings and uploaded the code. This worked very well.

But when I tried to enter the My K2400 network and entered the password, again I received the error, that the original password K2400password is wrong, although it is the password in the code.

Very stange: When I changed the password and uploaded the code again, this works!!

Hi from France,
First time I use the forum. I need to download the valid librairies needed to reinstall my K2400 firmware.
Could you send me a link for that please ?

Hello @CRX,

For correct compiling and uploading the firmware of K2400, you’ll need to use Arduino 1.8.6 ~ 1.8.9.
The original Libraries can be downloaded from here: https://we.tl/t-P6SqQIhvf0 .

Note:
Remove the current installed libraries called:

• Neopixelbus
  • ESPAsyncWebServer
  • ESPAsyncTCP
  • ArduinoJson

or place these in “old” folder. Then place the old libraries from zip file (link above) in the arduino library folder. To get no double conflictable libraries or library errors.

In the meantime we will check if the firmware can be updated so that it can compile with the latest arduino and library versions.

Best Regards,
Velleman Support