Just starting / setting up -- please advise--

while I build my K8200 in December/January, life got in the way and I did had no time to make my first prints.
The K8200 website and the manuals are unfortunately all over the place when it comes to firmware repetier etc. and not very clear or user friendly. I downloaded the " custom repetier host for velleman 3d printer" (V0.95F) from the top of the download page. The user manual is unfortunately not updated and referring to a different version. Where should I go from here to get things going?
I connected everything after downloading the USB driver. After “connect” in repetier I get no information under the printer information tab. Manual control doesn’t move anything. if gives me “10 command waiting” message, telling me the printer is not communicating with my laptop.

Do I have to use a updated firmware instead the one that came with the printer, purchased last year?

When I first build the printer I did a brief connection on an different laptop, using all the “old” software recommendations from the original manuals. While I didn’t print anything, I was able that the printer moved properly in all axes, bed and nozzle heated up and the repetier software was well connected to the printer. As the printer has been stored in a safe place and not reconnected over the last 7 month, makes me believe my build has been successful. Unfortunately I upgraded to a new laptop…

This is clearly a communication problem.

Check or update:

1. The physical USB connection (most likely this is ok)
  2. The USB-driver (uninstall old version(s) and update to latest version)
  3. Check the speed settings of the emulated COM port (Windows control panel)
  4. Check the speed settings in Repetier (these settings should be the same)

As long as you see ‘waiting commands’, the communication between the PC & printer goes wrong.

[quote=“fitchie”]This is clearly a communication problem.

Check or update:

1. The physical USB connection (most likely this is ok)
  2. The USB-driver (uninstall old version(s) and update to latest version)
  3. Check the speed settings of the emulated COM port (Windows control panel)
  4. Check the speed settings in Repetier (these settings should be the same)

As long as you see ‘waiting commands’, the communication between the PC & printer goes wrong.[/quote]

The port settings in Windows control panel do not matter, as repetier overwites them whith it’s own settings in connection.

Look in repetier if the connection settings are correct :
your com number may be different of couse :wink:

I FIXED IT!

To started fixing the problem by re-installing the Arduino program Marlin - Arduino 1.0.6. on my arduino board, and ran the k8200 dedicated K8200 Repetier-Host V0.95F which is downloadable from a link at K8200.eu.
I was receiving waiting commands AFTER the bottom left hand corner said I was connected with the right COM port.

I opened my Arduino program Marlin - Arduino 1.0.6. then opened/uploaded my Marlin.ino and found 2 different BAUDRATE font shades under the tab Configuration.h.
I changed both, and the system worked. I am printing as normal.
Key note: When you click “Verify” to check the code, make sure your Repetier Host program is NOT connected, or you will get an error.

The correct as recommened my K8200 is to use the Baudrate 250000. Make sure your Reptier host/Config/Printer Settings/Connection Tab is also set to 250000.
Other Settings are:

• Connector: Serial Connection
  • Port: COM3 (this may change)
  • Baud Rate: 250000
  • Transfer Protocol: Autodetect
  • Reset on Connect: Disabled
  • Reset on Emergency: Send emergency command and reconnect
  • Receive Cache Size: 63
  • Uncheck Use Ping-Pong

The image attached is the screen shot.
I find that sometimes the image is not available on forums, so I also posted the direct link of the image which is hosted on my website below.

davidgjung.com/images/Pictures/K … aiting.jpg