HPS50 - Export to Excel for trending

I am very pleased with the performance of the HPS50. It performs well for the price point.

The Velleman software is functional for viewing in real time and exporting screendumps to a bitmap but I use it primarily for evaluating communication signals on building automation systems. As there are multiple devices talking via pulse-width, I would like to be able to trend 15 seconds of data.

Specifically, I would like to stream the live data stream directly into an Excel spreadsheet or text file.

Thank you,
Dee

I wonder what was that link about… 'cause it’s now Error 404…

Actually I also need to import data to Excel… In fact the best function I’d dream of is continuous recording of a selected readout value with a set time interval… For example, I need RMS voltage. For now I see the only way to do it is to capture data output of the HPS50 with some terminal software then somehow parse it and perform calculations. So my question is are there any guidelines on how to extract values from the captured terminal log?

In fact there are two subquestions. First I set HPS50 into binary output mode and capture a stream of data. Then I set the device into ASCII mode, there’s no output in norm/run trigger mode, so I capture a screenshot with a long “memory” keypress. Are these two sets of data in the same format, or are they different? How do I handle them?