HPG1 output stuck at .04rms

Just checking to see if this is a common problem with this little thing before I recommend it to more people or think about buying another one. The output on mine is stuck at extremely low levels, I cracked it open and found a surface mount resistor R4 cracked in half with only one side still soldered onto the board. This thing has not seen much use yet and while it was handy for simulating mag pickups I don’t want to bother packing around something I can’t rely on when I need it.

Anyone else have the same thing happen? If so how long did it go before it broke on you? Anyone with a working one able to read the value of R4 by chance? It’s just south of the BNC connector under that little metal shielding.

Sorry, this problem has not been reported before.
Most likely an intermittent problem, which explains why it has not been detected during QC.
If desired, you can return the item for inspection/repair under warranty conditions.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a similar issue. i just purchased one through an auction site that sells gear from shops that has shut down etc.

Boot it up when i get home and hits 0.173vrms. yet you can turn it down to 0.001vrms.

since i bought it from the auction site ‘technically second hand’ i dont think warranty would cover it?

Is there any knowledge of what some of those resistor values are? im thinking of opening it up later to see which one has busted (or if one has busted) and if i can get a value i’ll just buy a new one and replace it.

Hereby a link to the technical doc for this item (available in 1h).
http://www.velleman.eu/images/tmp/HPG1%20technical%20doc%20V1.pdf

We can still service the unit, however, without original proof of purchase bought less than 2 years from now, it will not be treated under warranty conditions.