How to use 12 VDC instead of 12 VAC for 8 channel relay boar

Board index» Modules (Pre-assembled projects – Produits finis) »Home Projects

12VAC , how to use 12 CDC

Moderator: VellemanSupport

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]

Subscribe topic | Bookmark topic| Printview | E-mail friend

Post subject: 12VAC , how to use 12 CDC

flex28

Is there any way to use 12 VDC power for the 12 VAC decices kike the 8 channel relay boards. I bought the RF preassembled kit with remote and 12 VAC is hard to

find. Exactly , specifically in detail how do I attach a 12 VDC power supply to the board and use it ? Or must I find a 12 VAC transformer somewhere and pay extra to be able to use this device ? I need to know exactly where to attach the positive and negative of the DC if possible. Thanks in advance.

Ascending

Sortby Post time

Displayposts from previous: All posts

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]

Board index» Modules (Pre-assembled projects – Produits finis) »Home Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flex28 and 0 guests

Go

Search for:

Jump to:

Powered byphpBB® Forum Software © phpBBGroup

If you use 12VDC, you should bypass the diode bridge, to avoid the 1.4V drop.

CaOK. What is and at what designated location is the " diode bridge " ? Is that the 4 vertical component set just below the power connection at the top left of the board ? Where do I bypass this ? i.e. Where do I connect the positive lead and the negative DC power lead ? Do I have to desolder or disconnect the bridge somehow ? Can anyone tell me " connect the positive lead at board connection XXX and connect the negative lead at YYY " ? Or can I supply 13.4 DC and use the power connections already on the top left ? Which is positive and which is negative ?
I appreciate any help.

Judging by your comment, your knowledge seems to be very limited.
There is no problem with that, but keep in mind that you loose warranty if you modify the board, so you will have to know what you are doing.

The easiest solution would be to provide 13-14VDC and leave the board as-is.
The polarity does not matter.
Please let us know if this solution suits you. If not, we will explain how to bypass the bridge.

If this is a full wave rectifier diode bridge which supplies 12VDC to the CB then the voltage drop for DC should be a factor of 1.4 of the diode A-C or B-D full voltage vs. 1.4 volts exactly, right ?
Assuming all diodes are equal then wouldn’t it be better to bypass the bridge at the outputs , similar to rectifying an SCR power limiting/controlling rectifier which pulses the AC on and off to limit power output but can chop the wave.
I need a real schematic of the complete circuit with power direction polaroty indicated after the rectifier.
Since I don’t have one I ask the question as directly as I know how.
Fine , I void the warrant but I just want to use the extremely common 12VDC power supplies vs looking for an AC
stepdown power supply.
Does this circuit have any need of AC or pulsed power or could it be run with chopped DC or with batteries ?
If I can use batteries , a battery charger , a 12VDC power supply, a UPS type 12VDC powergate which switches to battery on line power loss … Etc.

I would greatly appreciate someone telking me how to disconnect the rectifier bridge and do whatever the right thing is to be able to correctly and safely use 12VDC power with this board.
So , is it possible to disconnect/remove the 4 diodes completely and attach leads to input 12VDC power into this circuit board and have it operate properly and without damage ?
If so can anyone tell me exactly where to connect the positive 12VDC power lead and exactly where to connect the 12VDC negative power lead on this specific circuit board ?
I realize everyone knows more than me and that’s fine but rather than point out my ignorance and tell me how I could " just do this wrong since you don’t get it " ( exactly , I don’t see exactly what I should do ) can anyone please just give me this simple answer ?
i.e. -
Like this:
Step 1 - desolder and remove or disconnect connections “D1 and D2” after the 4 diodes at locations X and Y on the board
Step 2 - connect the positive 12VDC input power at location X, connect the negative DC power input lead at location Y
If polarity doesn’t matter then please let me know that. I thought unrectified DC circuits and certain components were highly dependent on polarity. Like capacitors , diodes , transistors , inductors , etc. I never saw a diode work right with both polarities.
If I could get power to it and some explanation, like a plan ,
Then I think I could do it.
A real schematic with part numbers and values would also be helpful as would the plans like they have for other kits. Then I could get what each part does so I can start using this board.
Thanks for the help.
I hope to figure it out more once I can do more than stare at the oard and wish I had plans , a schematic and some way to power it.

We have answered your other post regarding this matter.