How do I install the drivers

I’ve just about completed my printer and reading ahead I see that drivers need to be installed on my PC. I’ve downloaded the appropriate files but do not understand how to install them without the printer being connected.

Usually connecting a new device prompts the OS (Win 7) to look for or install the driver. In this case I know how to point it to the appropriate location. But the instructions say to install the drivers and then, later on, connect the printer.

How do I install the drivers in this case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

The file you’ve dowoloaded is an “exe” file so just double click on the file to install it.
Once it’s done, you can plug in the USB cable of the printer and only then you’ll see the virtual USB driver in the device manager and the newly installed Com port.

Then you can run Repetier Host and go to the Printer Setup (upper right) to choose the correct Com Port and Baud rate.

Thanks for the help.

It seems when I first downloaded the driver software I did not get an .exe file. Of course that could have been something I did. I downloaded again, got the exe, everything installed and I now have Com 5.

Thanks again.

Tom

Thanks for sharing this information.