Home Y-Axis moving in the wrong direction

Hey guys,

the K8200 here has been connected properly. All steps in the instruction manual beforehand were done in correct order and everything is fine but when I pull the heated bed forward and push the HOME Y AXIS button on Repetier the board moves further forward although it should move backwards.

I checked the wiring, everything has been connected correctly. What could be the cause of the malfunction? I found this old thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12200 but I do not quite understand the solution of the OP.

The Y motor moves in the correct directions according the instruction manual. I’m not that fluent in electronics so I do not know where the cause of this problem might be.

This sounds like 1 of 2 things.
I know you said it has been wired properly but you should still look.
The end stop for the Y axis the wires should be on the outside connectors.
If they are correct then it sounds like one of the wires for the end stop is open.

@Wrong Way

Thanks for you answer.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by outside connectors? I haven’t done the wiring myself since the printer is community owned thingy.

Does this have to do only with the YSTOP Connector and its wires or can it be the YMOTOR cables as well ?

I assume Wrong Way is talking about the connection to the microswitch. The connection should be to the outside lugs with the middle one empty. The sense is that the swich is normally closed. It opens when operated. The symptom of problem is that the bed moves forward a short distance when homed.

If the switch is correctly wired - remove the connector from the board and test with a ohm-meter. it should be shorted and open when board moves to operate the switch. If it is correct check that the connector is connecting OK. I’ve had to bend the pins on the board to get a good connection on both Y and Z

Fafnir

That is exactly what I was talking about.