Hmmm, can't seem to get it working .... WSAK8118 Stereo Ultrasonic Sound and Bat Detector

Hello all,

So I just finished putting together this kit, one of the mics broke while doing so and I am waiting for a replacement, but I finished up the rest and thought I would turn it on and listen to one side… mono isn’t all bad :slight_smile: Unfortunately nothing happens. The LED doesn’t turn on and I don’t hear anything… is there a troubleshooting section of the website? I followed the directions meticulously and my soldiers are fairly neat, I don’t see anywhere that could be shorting out. I’m a hobbyist and was just doing this for some fun and didn’t think it would be this difficult. Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
james

Hello @jdr3 ,

• Check the batteries and polarity: 3x 1,5V AA batteries are needed (place new ones).
  • Check also the orientation of the IC’s (IC1 - IC4), Check the position of the notch!.
  • Check the polarity of the LED.
  • Check also the Soldering joints:

Best Regards,
Velleman Support

1 Like

Everything looks good. My soldering isn’t perfect, but it doesn’t look like anything should be shorting…

@jdr3 ,

It is difficult to check from a distance, what exactly is wrong without being able to inspect the product.
You can always return it to the store for RMA procedure.

Best regards,
Velleman Support

Hello Guys

i maked a Tutorial Video for this Product :slight_smile: …maybe i can translate it from German into other languages…
Watch my Video :slight_smile: and plz let a Comment or Abo…

WHADDA - WSAK8118 - Ultraschall- und Fledermausdetektor (Ultrasonic) - Stereo - Bausatz TUTORIAL - YouTube

This Tutorial-Video costs much of time and i`ve made it with Love :tada: :slight_smile:

(if Whadda or Velleman is searching for other Tutorial Videos…for your other Products, i can make it! contact me :slight_smile:

well, i think a nice Videotutorial of a nice product, is very important for potential buyer´s and the purchase decision

Mine did not work because of the black cable in the batterypack prevented the + from the battery to connect. Put some solder on the connection and it works. Perhaps you have the same problem.

Only problem I have is that the LEFT sound channel is a lot lower on volume than the RIGHT. Does someone know how to solve this?

I have a “dead” sound generator. It was suggested to send a project back to the store for trouble shooting.
I would do that just to know what I did wrong. Where to send?
These are suppose to be learning kits. Thanks