Help with VM1110

Hello,

I need much help with my new VM1110. I have read the manuals and so forth, but I cannot find some info to even get started.

My PC uses Windows 7. I have tried to install the K8055D.DLL in the windows system directory then used regsvr32 to initiate it but it fails. How do I install the DLL in a wondows 7 PC?

Thanks very much for your help.

Shawn

A little more information -

I have now found the new ver. 3 DLL and it is installed in the system32 folder. I can now make the demo program work, which means it sees the DLL okay.

However, my VB code still gets an error that it cannot find the DLL?

I have cut and paste the demo code to connect and disconnect the board but this does not work because of the DLL issue. I am using VB via the MS-Excel interface.

Shawn

Are you using a 64-bit version of Windows 7 ?
If yes, then you have to put the K8055D.DLL to SysWOW64 folder.

Alternatively you may put the DLL to the Default file location of Excel.
You can check the Default file location by selecting Tools -> Options and then the General tab.

Hello,

Thank you for your speedy reply and excellent products.

I have put the DLL in the same folder as Excel.exe and it now works.

Now I will attempt to write code to use the board (I am a very rusty programmer). The sample VB code to connect fails so I will modify and try again.

Best regards,

Shawn

Here a link to download a simple Excel VBA example for the K8055:
box.net/shared/8tns2vmes3

This is the VBA source code:

[code]Option Explicit
Private Declare Sub Version Lib “k8055d.dll” ()
Private Declare Function SearchDevices Lib “k8055d.dll” () As Long
Private Declare Function SetCurrentDevice Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal CardAddress As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function OpenDevice Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal CardAddress As Long) As Long
Private Declare Sub CloseDevice Lib “k8055d.dll” ()
Private Declare Function ReadAnalogChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long) As Long
Private Declare Sub ReadAllAnalog Lib “k8055d.dll” (Data1 As Long, Data2 As Long)
Private Declare Sub OutputAnalogChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long, ByVal Data As Long)
Private Declare Sub OutputAllAnalog Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Data1 As Long, ByVal Data2 As Long)
Private Declare Sub ClearAnalogChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long)
Private Declare Sub SetAllAnalog Lib “k8055d.dll” ()
Private Declare Sub ClearAllAnalog Lib “k8055d.dll” ()
Private Declare Sub SetAnalogChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long)
Private Declare Sub WriteAllDigital Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Data As Long)
Private Declare Sub ClearDigitalChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long)
Private Declare Sub ClearAllDigital Lib “k8055d.dll” ()
Private Declare Sub SetDigitalChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long)
Private Declare Sub SetAllDigital Lib “k8055d.dll” ()
Private Declare Function ReadDigitalChannel Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal Channel As Long) As Boolean
Private Declare Function ReadAllDigital Lib “k8055d.dll” () As Long
Private Declare Function ReadCounter Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal CounterNr As Long) As Long
Private Declare Sub ResetCounter Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal CounterNr As Long)
Private Declare Sub SetCounterDebounceTime Lib “k8055d.dll” (ByVal CounterNr As Long, ByVal DebounceTime As Long)

Sub Button1_Click()
Dim h As Long
h = OpenDevice(0)
If h = 0 Then
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 3) = “Card 0 Connected”
Else
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 3) = “Card 0 Not Found”
End If

End Sub

Sub Button2_Click()
SetDigitalChannel (1)
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1) = ReadAnalogChannel(1)
End Sub

Sub Button3_Click()
ClearAllDigital
CloseDevice
ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 3) = “Card 0 Closed”
End Sub[/code]

It is working excellent now! What a great product. It far exceeds my expectations.

Thank you very much Velleman.

Hello Velleman !

Just reporting back after a long absence to report how terrific the VM1110 is. My little project was completd some time ago, and the VM1110 made it super easy to complete.

AT the end of this little video you can see my simple VB application which is interfaced via the VM1110 to my two-way, Amateur radio.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pf5uhjh5IdU

Thank you Velleman for the outstanding product.

Sincerely,

Shawn DIenhart
Paso Robles, Ca.
USA