Help with flowrate and temperature, also severe stringing

Hi!

I just got into printing with my K8200 and I am currently printing on glass 65C, Extruder temps 190-210C, Flowrate 100-120, however I can’t say I have found the golden combination.
I use 3mm black PLA.

My problems are as follows:
I get a lot of stringing, so much that it ruins the prints by the end as the strings are so fat that they can’t be completely removed.

I feel like the PLA does not melt together like it should, some parts look great and in some you can clearly see how there are very clear strings showing how it has been printed, like a worms nest almost, I can only say it does not look good, I would like a clear surface, now it just looks disgusting.

Please tell me what settings you have found to give the absolute best quality prints. I have also heard that you can change the extruder’s retraction length i.e. how far back the PLA goes before the next step which should help with the stringing but I can’t seem to find that specific setting.

All help is truly appreciated.

Hy,
it seems that the head is too far from the bed, then the first layer does strings.
Do you have 0,25 mm from the head to the glass and not 2,5 mm ?

[quote=“Tag”]Hy,
it seems that the head is too far from the bed, then the first layer does strings.
Do you have 0,25 mm from the head to the glass and not 2,5 mm ?[/quote]

I will check again I did however previously make sure that it was indeed 0.25mm.