Help needed for heatbed

Dear,

I wanna upgrade my K8400 printer with a heated bed (MK3) and two printer heads (E3DV6). The printer heads are 24v so I read that I needed a better power supply. I wanna replace the original power supply with a 24v 150watt power supply.

I already have this one laying around (link), will this one be enough or are the watts too low and do I need a bigger power supply?

I also have another question, which of these printer heads are the best to use? url=http://e3d-online.com/E3D-v6/Full-Kit[/url] with the Velleman K8400.

Thanks for your support and help.

You can’t feed 24V to the controller board which accepts only 15V. So you cannot replace the 15V PSU but you can add a 24V PSU to drive the Heated bed and the Hot ends. And you’ll need power expanders for all 3.E3Ds. Specs doesn’t specify the power consumption.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, so I need a 24V PSU next to my standard PSU which came with the printer? Should I buy the 24V printer heads or the 12V printer heads? And how will I connect the 24V PCU to only the heatbed and printer heads?

Thanks a lot!

The other way is, you buy a 15V 500W PSU and feed the heat bed and original electronic with it.
In addition you just use the original stock heat cartridges for the E3DV6 as I do.
It does not make much of a difference…

For the E3D fans, you have to reduce 15V to 12V by adding some resistors, as power divider

There are really good threads in this forum about

1. Heat bed
  2. E3DV6