HeatBed Ribbon Cable Current Rating

I’ve been given the task of installing a 24V Power Supply for the HeatBed (I KEEP calling it HotBed), but I’m doing this with no technical documentation on the K8200. Someone here (I don’t know who, nor WHERE it is on the forum), has created a design using a SFH610A Opto-Isolator, driving a IRLR8743 Power FET of some description, which I am virtually copying (I’m using a IRLB8743pbf from RS). The PSU is a XP Power VCS100US24, which is a 24V, 4.17A device ordered from Farnell.
I’ve had a look at the ribbon cable going to the HeatBed, and there appears to be 10 conductors in it, namely…
a) 2 wires, coloured Brown and Red, each going to individual Solder Holes (that’s what I call them). I’m assuming that these two are for the on-bed Thermistor,
b) 4 wires, coloured Orange, Yellow, Green & Blue, ALL going to a third Solder Hole. I’m assuming this is the HotBed Heater Supply, and…
c) 4 wires, coloured Violet, Grey, White and Black, which is the Heater supply return.
How much current can each individual Ribbon Cable conductor take? They LOOK like they can handle 1 Amp comfortably (which would be ideal), but looks can be deceiving! I may also have to allow for the wires ohms/metre property, if that is an issue.

Thanks in advance

[quote=“Naitch”]I’ve been given the task of installing a 24V Power Supply for the HeatBed (I KEEP calling it HotBed), but I’m doing this with no technical documentation on the K8200. Someone here (I don’t know who, nor WHERE it is on the forum), has created a design using a SFH610A Opto-Isolator, driving a IRLR8743 Power FET of some description, which I am virtually copying (I’m using a IRLB8743pbf from RS). The PSU is a XP Power VCS100US24, which is a 24V, 4.17A device ordered from Farnell.
I’ve had a look at the ribbon cable going to the HeatBed, and there appears to be 10 conductors in it, namely…
a) 2 wires, coloured Brown and Red, each going to individual Solder Holes (that’s what I call them). I’m assuming that these two are for the on-bed Thermistor,
b) 4 wires, coloured Orange, Yellow, Green & Blue, ALL going to a third Solder Hole. I’m assuming this is the HotBed Heater Supply, and…
c) 4 wires, coloured Violet, Grey, White and Black, which is the Heater supply return.
How much current can each individual Ribbon Cable conductor take? They LOOK like they can handle 1 Amp comfortably (which would be ideal), but looks can be deceiving! I may also have to allow for the wires ohms/metre property, if that is an issue.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I’m using a 24V power supply, with original ribbon cable. It draws appr. 4,5 A.
No heat in the cables however.