Gt2 belt

can anybody tell me what to do STEP BY STEP to change my settings as I have changed my belts to gt2 with 16 teeth pulleys, I have tried putting the spec into eeprom configuration but I probably did it wrong

Did you use the repetier EEprom config window?

yes

What are the values you used to compute the new steps/mm.

With a 2 mm pitch and 16 teeth the value should be 100.

ok I have got that but what I need is step by step instructions as where and how I put it, remember I have not got a clue so no fancy words

Here is a picture of the EEPROM settings I took on Google (so don’t mind the values). In Repieter you find it in the menu “Config/Firmware EEPROM configuration”

You just have to put 100 in the X and Y fields of the steps/mm item (default 8200 value should be 80). Then you click on “Save to EEPROM” and that’s it.

brilliant thanks for that, have sussed out how to make PLA stick to bed but which is best for ABS

is the setting still 53.33 for the z axis because now mine is not moving upwards as it is printing, in fact its not moving at all, it used to move up 10mm when I clicked on Z in manual control, but nothing at all now.

[quote=“wellingtonbomb”]is the setting still 53.33 for the z axis because now mine is not moving upwards as it is printing, in fact its not moving at all, it used to move up 10mm when I clicked on Z in manual control, but nothing at all now.[/quote]The picture was for example purpose but none of the values are correct for the K8200 (that’s why I said “so don’t mind the values”…). You only had to change the X and Y values and let the default values for the other parameters (to restore the old values, open the EEPROM settings, click “restore factory settings” and change X and Y from 80 to 100. With the stock screw, the Z steps/mm is 2560). And E about 600 (I don’t remember the exact value and don’t have my K8200 at hand).

Don’t forget to save the new values.

x and y values are good but z still not moving, in the box on manual control it says that z should have gone 7mm but it has stayed at about 2mm, don’t know what numbers to try in config for z axis

In Repetier menu “Tools” there’s a leadscrew calculator. With the values 1.8 - 1/16 - M8(1.25 mm) = 2560

The default values for the K8200 are like these :

You have to replace 64.5 with 100. The rest is Ok.

thanks for that, put everything into eeprom settings, working fine, nearly there when I went to look at setings in configuration all the boxes were back to zero, is that correct because I did save them

Just a question regarding GT2 Belts.
I’ve got GT2 and 20 teeth pulley in stock, but not mounted yet on the printer, then …

• What will be the quality difference with the original GT5 ?
  • Does the quality is very very very better with GT2 or just a little bit better ?
    Thanks in advance for ur advices :wink:

[quote=“wellingtonbomb”]thanks for that, put everything into eeprom settings, working fine, nearly there when I went to look at setings in configuration all the boxes were back to zero, is that correct because I did save them[/quote]Have a look [color=#408040]there[/color].

[quote=“Tag”]- What will be the quality difference with the original GT5 ?

• Does the quality is very very very better with GT2 or just a little bit better ?[/quote]I have GT2/20 installed. You get a better accuracy and form me they replaced GT5 pulleys with a off-center axis.

Actually you won’t seed a lot of difference. At least I didn’t as I already had a very good result with the stock ones.