Full graphic smart controller - PCB - Easy

First post here on the forum; I thought this might be useful for some.

I’m an electrical engineer and I had the goal to add stand alone printing to the K8200.

So first of all; I ordered this cheap RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller from Ebay. It cost only 10 dollar.

Final result:

The K8200 has an 18-pin connector on the top right of the mainbord. Using Eagle I created an PCB that connects the full graphic display to the K8200 mainboard. For the pin layout see: k8200-wiki.de/Grafisches_Display

Connector:

The space between the connectors are a little short. Also the rotary encoder seems to work upside down but I am not sure about if that is a firmware problem, connector problem or a problem from the display board. However, it works great! I had to order 10 pcb’s so if someone is interested feel free to PM me!

Nice.
I did the same using greentech display and similar interface board (small proto) for which box was printed offcourse.
Next deleting nozzles 2 and 3 and custom start up screen.

Are there still PCBs left? How to PM you?

Unfortunately all boards ended up in the trash can after I burned my mainboard.

I would suggest replacing your mainbord with a RAMPS 1.4. It is probably cheaper and easyer then creating the header boards yourself. I now have wifi support, SD card printing, display for under 30 dollar.