First timer with the K8015 Timer

Hello Everyone,

Totally new at this world. I work in exhibition design and fabrication, and I have a project for a table that is lit with LED’s. I bought the K8015 Velleman Kit so these LED’s could be turned on stay on for a expected duration and turn off automatically, and also just be turned off by pressing the button once more before the time was up.

My problem is: I have power to the switch and the switching mechanism and all of that works correctly… but I am not receiving any power to my LED’s on the three output end of the Relay Switch Board. The solders look immaculate and I have tried multiple configurations of wiring the lights to these terminals but still… NO POWER.

Where could I have gone wrong? The lights work when directly wired to the transformer.

Anyone out there have any clues?

Much appreciated,

-Carl Brown

The K8015 has a dry contact relay output, that means that there is no voltage coming from the contacts, it is only a switch.
You need to wire it so that it switches on and off the desired current.
http://www.velleman.eu/images/tmp/relais.JPG

Nice to read that you use our circuits for your projects.

Thank you very much for the quick reply and information Velleman!

Told you I was a bit green at these types of projects.

Now I have one more question: So my 12 Volt transformer that is powering my K8015 relay switch has another set of Positive and Negative terminals other than the ones I have wired to power my switch. I could technically use those to finish the relay? Or do I need to use another power source seperately? If I am able to use the same transformer or need another power source to finish, is there desired terminals to wire the + / - leads to the NO, COM1, NC dry contacts?

Totally getting my bearings with Electronics.

Thank you for your help.

-Carl Brown

You can use the same transformer.
Just run the (+) of the transformer to the COM of the relay
Run the (-) of the transformer to the (-) of the leds
Run the NO of the relay to the (+) of the leds.