Firmware update-broken mainboard

So here’s what happenned, i tried to update the firmware from my Velleman K8200 printer into the new Marlin firmware. I used the official Arduino programm as mentioned in the instructions but i didn’t notice that i had to use the version 1.0.4 and i tried to update the firmware with the latest Arduino software. The update was stuck for 3 hours and then i plugged off the power. Now, i plug the power in and immediatly the green led from the mainboard flashes and never stops. The printer is recognized from the repetier host but it does not respond. Is there a way to fix the mainboard and reinstall the old firmware? or do i have to order a new one?
Sorry for my english,
Thanks

You can re-install the older firmware as many times as necessary. You do not need to get a new controller.

First, get the proper version of the Arduino IDE. You need 1.0.4 for full compatibility.

arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases

Are you using one of the Velleman Marlin firmware images, or did you use an official branch? There are a number of settings you would need to adjust for the K8200 if you are using non-Velleman code.

Make sure you short the PROG jumper on the controller board. It also helps to reset the controller board immediately before you initiate the firmware download. The download should take less than a minute to complete, but the small message at the bottom of the screen in the IDE can be difficult to notice.

Good luck, and happy printing!

Thank you for fast reply, though the problem is that as soon as i plug in the mainboard it immidiately starts to blink the green led and it doesnt respond to firmware update… Basically, that kind of blinking is while the firmware update was applied, so i suppose because of i stopped the update it failed and now it tries to continue from the last state?

And this is the error i get from arduino:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
avrdude: stk500v2_command(): failed miserably to execute command 0x11
avrdude: stk500v2_disable(): failed to leave programming mode

That can happen. Make sure you have the PROG jumper attached, and then press the reset button on the controller board right before you begin the download from Arduino. Also, make sure you have closed any other software (such as Repetier) that may also be communicating with the board.

It may take a few attempts to get the timing right, but it can be done.

Ohhh man thanks a lot, you just saved my day!
It was all about timing after all.
Thank you for your advice.