Firmware not updating

After assembling the Vertex with just the one nozzle, i needed to update the firmware for a 1 nozzle version but i cannot get it working.

I put the programming shunt on the main board as indicated. But i am getting an error from AVRdude.

• with the 2-nozzle firmware I can walk through the LCD menu’s and operate the fans and motors, so the board it working good.
  • I made sure the shunt is correct by swapping it with one of my own.
  • I am using OS X Yosemite on a MacBook pro 2013 to upload the firmware. I work with Arduino projects daily and have no issues uploading to other Arduino’s.

Sorry I don’t speak Apple but do you have the correct Com port selected?
Are the drivers properly installed?

Yes, I have selected the right serial port (OS X uses a slightly different name for COM ports). According to the Arduino manual you do not need a special driver on a Mac to connect to an Arduino like you do in Windows.

I will try to install a Windows 7 virtual machine to see if I get can it working tomorrow.

This morning i managed to get the firmware uploaded using a Windows virtual machine. I’m not sure what caused the error, maybe Arduino 1.0.5 instead of 1.0.6 but at least it is not an issue anymore.

Good to read that you’re up and running.
Happy printing :slight_smile:

Regards

Great
Enjoy