Filament not Gripping

I am having a problem that the filament is not getting pulled through to the nozzle, for the past three days I have been fiddling with the wing nut, both loosening and tightening it, but it still does not grip. To make it print anything i have to constantly push down on the filament.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

[quote=“jazzycoull”]I am having a problem that the filament is not getting pulled through to the nozzle, for the past three days I have been fiddling with the wing nut, both loosening and tightening it, but it still does not grip. To make it print anything i have to constantly push down on the filament.

Does anyone know how to fix it?[/quote]

So many reasons, but first I would check:
1: temperature of the hot end, Turning it up and see if it helps?
2: Nozzle blocked?
3: Hobbed bolt full of old filament?
4: Voltage of that motor? if the gears or too tight it will make it harder got it to turn and cause issues.
5: Wind nut unit broken, mine had issues and I found the nut to be stripped.
6: Filament used, I have found some to block the nozzle and cause many issued. try a different supplier?

Report back.

[quote=“Moorron”][quote=“jazzycoull”]I am having a problem that the filament is not getting pulled through to the nozzle, for the past three days I have been fiddling with the wing nut, both loosening and tightening it, but it still does not grip. To make it print anything i have to constantly push down on the filament.

Does anyone know how to fix it?[/quote]

So many reasons, but first I would check:
1: temperature of the hot end, Turning it up and see if it helps?
2: Nozzle blocked?
3: Hobbed bolt full of old filament?
4: Voltage of that motor? if the gears or too tight it will make it harder got it to turn and cause issues.
5: Wind nut unit broken, mine had issues and I found the nut to be stripped.
6: Filament used, I have found some to block the nozzle and cause many issued. try a different supplier?

Report back.[/quote]

Hi,
Temp 220C
Nozzle was not blocked
Hobbed bolt wasn’t full of filament
I tried a few different voltages(made no difference)
A have played around with the wing nut but it made no difference
I have tried two different filaments

I found out that i can make the filament come out of the nozzle when using manual control mode but when i am actually printing something it needs to be pushed or is very bitty

Is the small gear on the stepper motor tight, I did have this issue and found that the best thing to do is to wind the grub screw in “Good and Tight!” - problem solved for me at least!

I have tried tightening the Grub screw, still no avail

Make sure the gears are not to close and binding.
Make sure the nut on the hobb bolt is not to tight.
The bearing the filament turns freely.
Set the voltage on all of the drivers to 0.55 do not go over 0.6

I have got it sorta fixed, possibly i think? I had to play around with it, i will probaly get it perfect soon