Feature Request - one-shot pulses

I would like to suggest a new feature which I think will make the HPS140 even more useful. Also, I believe it can be implemented entirely in software, requiring no other changes.

I’d really like a “one-shot” facility. I use this when I want to capture a single pulse, and then examine it closely afterwards.

So, instead of the timebase running continuously, it sits at the left axis until a signal comes along that meets the trigger critieria (level and rising/falling). At that point the timebase runs once and then stops. In effect this stores the triggering event plus a short time afterwards.

This is extremely handy when looking at events or waveforms that aren’t continuous.

I hope Velleman will consider this change. I’d even be willing to consider paying an “upgrade fee” to have it added to my own machine (although free firmware updates are always preferable :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thanks,

Thack

Your remark has been forwarded to the R&D dept.

Sorry, no custom software on demand.

Sorry - misunderstanding. I wasn’t asking for custom software, I was making a suggestion for a new feature.

My point was that, even though I’ve already bought the product, I’d happily pay for an upgrade if such a new feature was implemented.

I would like to do something very similar, I need to measure the inductance of a coil and when i flick the switch it is almost impossible to catch on the screen is there any way to capture the inductance curve?

This is a feature I need as well and would have purchased one if it had one-shot. Please post if it is added!