Fatal Error While Heating Bed

I had to reload the Repetier software. Now I get a message stating “A fatal error on the printer side stopped the printer until the error is fixed.” Does anyone know what could be the cause?

When I reloaded the software I used a new version. I reloaded again using original version and the error no longer occurs. However now it will only heat to 17C. I have 14.4v across the the 4-wire bundles going to the heat bed.

Hey, this is a fairly common error as you’ll see if you search it up.

The stock 15V power supply that comes with the K8200 is not enough to power everything, the error you’re getting is probably a brown out error. I get tehm all the time too. THe solution is to upgrade your power supply to a higher wattage. Or what I did was print with PLA only and I don’t need to turn on the heat bed.

First thing you should do.
Turn on the extruder and the bed.
Get a meter and check the voltage at the blue connector to see if the 15 volts is dropping.
You should also check the thermistor (therm2)
Unplug it from the control board and check the resistance at the wire side connector.
At room temp you should get around 100K ohms.

Something else to consider.
What is the temp of your room?
Is there a draft blowing on the bed (big surface easily cooled)

I have been running mine with the stock power supply for about 4 years without any problem from the power supply.