Fan timer K8041 can not be stopped

Kit K8041 Fan timer worked fine for a few days. Now I have a problem with this print. As soon as it is connected to the current the Fan immediately starts running even before it is switched on and cannot be stopped by switching of.
Any idea which component might be broken?

Hi there,

I just constructed this kit, K8041, yesterday. Upon connection, the fan turned on with the light as expected but never turned off.
Now, as described above, as soon as the power is connected, the fan starts running even before the light switch is turned on - essentially no switching being provided by the kit, (I believe this is supposed to be achieved by the triac?).

I have checked my soldering, components and wiring several times but cannot find any issues with this. (I can provide photos if a second opinion is required)

Can someone please advise how I can obtain a refund for this kit, purchased from a UK distributor, as i believe there is a fault with some of the components?

thanks

hi, i have the same problem, when i put in the line the fan starts and never stop,i assembled two of this timer and i have the same problem. how i can fix it ?

@andrea it sounds like we have exactly the same issue.

Are there any Velleman representatives that can advise us on what to do?

What kind of load (light) do you have attache to the kit?

I have attached a normal light into lx and a fan on motor but the problem is that the light work on and off but the motor is always on.i tried to put the light in the motor hole but is the same thing

Line in 220v

I had mine connected to two 5W GU10 LED spotlights. The motor on the fan is within the specified wattage range stated in the manual for this kit.
Line in is 220v also.
I have contacted the supplier who i purchased the kit from in the UK, they have requested I post the kit back to them.

So these kits are defected?why they not work?what is the problem?

Dear customers,

Yesterday I have made a complete new kit from our last production and we didn’t find any problem.
So I don’t know what the problem could be, we produce this kit already many years.
Please can somebody post some detailed pictures from the front, back, and connection of his PCB or send a kit to our repair dept. for checkup.

Try first also to disconnect Lx and see of the problem is the same…

best regards,

Here are the photos of mine i have two of this and same issue

Friends I think that I find a solution,i try it on two if mine and they work.the problem is the regulator,the trim potentiometer… I am uploading a video so you watch,try and report me, respect the L and N inputs

https://youtu.be/_CKdJQOFkhI

Sorry for my very bad English

Strange problem and even more strange “solution”. We haven’t any problem so far with the PIHER potentiometers.
I don’t see also a complete configuration (with load and trigger cicruit).
Maybe you can post a video from a complete connection and test ?
Attention for the high voltage !!

I do a video with all the connection

Here the video,but when i put in the line for first time I had the same issue but after I have turn the trimmer all OK
dropbox.com/s/d5nwoivuu0fwn … 3.mp4?dl=0

[quote=“VEL456”]Strange problem and even more strange “solution”. We haven’t any problem so far with the PIHER potentiometers.
I don’t see also a complete configuration (with load and trigger cicruit).
Maybe you can post a video from a complete connection and test ?
Attention for the high voltage !![/quote]

After one day of inactivity the timer represent the same issue please see these 2 videos.i have no idea about the problem,because on both of mine timer there is the same problem.please help me…

Here start with the switch on "off "

dropbox.com/s/j9u52g1jzq44s … 1.mp4?dl=0

Here start flashing without any input

dropbox.com/s/eg1hm1xlvardy … 0.mp4?dl=0

Hello,

I’ve seen the video’s

I think the enviroment and connection are unstable (PCB on the floor, wires,…)
It works perfectly in the 1ste video so, the ciruit must be OK.

Hello,

I’ve seen the video’s

It works perfectly in the 1ste video so, the ciruit must be OK.

[quote=“VEL456”]Hello,

I’ve seen the video’s

It works perfectly in the 1ste video so, the ciruit must be OK.[/quote]

In the first video the motor is always “on” and it not stop,is always on with switch on “off”
And in the second video after I have turned the potentiometer it start flashing,after some minutes it will work good for a day, after a day of inactivity it reset and have the same issue.help help :frowning:
it is possible that some capacitors are defect?or the C7 capacitor that is yellow instead of purple?