Extrudor problems

Hi

I have some problems with my Vertex 3d printer that I recently assembled after buying the components for it via your website.
When I try to upload filament, the extruder doesn’t work as it should be. The heating procedure is functioning properly, but the stepper motor is pushing the filament too slowly through the filament tube. After a few seconds it stops and the filament has only progressed a few centimeters.
A similar problem occurs while printing. There is not enough filament going to the printhead. As a consequence of that the printhead is hardly printing something.
Can you provide me with a solution?
As far as I can see, the stepper motor is malfunctioning.
As I already mentioned, I bought the equipment only a few weeks ago and assembled it only a few days ago.

With kind regards,
Arvid Vanleeuw

Check the screw that holds the pulley on the motor.
Make sure it is lined up with the flat part of the shaft and the screw is tight.

I already checked this nothing was wrong with it and it was sitting right.

So as far as there is no easy solution, let*s try with some sophisticated.

There are two major reasons for too less progress of the filament: mechanical blocking or wrong software settings.

For the mechanic you may check if the filament is moving smoothly and without hinders through the tube. Relax the extruder counter guide by hand and move the filament by hand through the PTFE tube. This should be possible without too much force.

I the stepper motor itself is running free, then there should be no issue with mechanics. However, if you hear a clicking noise coming from the extruder while pushing the filament, you have an issue with mechanics.
To be on the save side, you may check the current settings of the stepper motor driver as it is describeg in the WIKI.

For the software settings there may be some wrong value for the step counts/mm for the extruder.
In the “CONTROL” menu, submenu “Motion” there is an entry for the value “ESTEPS/MM”. For the original Vellemann FW you will find a value of 200; for working with a 100% flow setting in your slicer you may change this value to approx. 150. Any other value indicates a wrong firmware condition. Remember to recall the “restore failsafe” settings and store them in the EEPROM.
If even this doesn’t help please check your firmware.

I hope this will help you to as a first attempt, otherwise you may gather some other findings which may lead to a solution.

Thanks for the advice

I think I found the issue, when I assembled the printer I must have fastened the screws that holds the extruder together too tight. Because of this the pulley was blocked and couldn’t move as it had to. Just by loosening the screws a bit the pulley worked normal

Vanleeuw

You should check the alignment of the pulley.