Extruder wheel slipping on the extruder motor schaft

Hi all,

I’ve been busy with getting my k8200 to work lately. I’ve had it for half a year and it still hadn’t printed anything.

The biggest thing that caused trouble i found out to be the extruder gear (the small one), that was slipping on the extruder motor schaft. Therefore, the extruder didn’t extrude the right amount of material and that caused my prints to be very miserable and full of holes. I tried tightening the screw inside this gear but the screw just ripped off the inside of the gear and couldn’t be tightened anymore. Then i fixed it by supergluing one of the spare gears to the schaft (since, for some reason, velleman decided to not make wired holes in these). That worked fine for about a week, but now the gear started slipping again.

Has anyone else had this problem and designed a good fix for this ?

Thanks in advance

Try drilling a 2.5mm hole through the flange of the gear, so you can insert an M3 screw ito tighten the gear.
Using a file, flatten one side of the motor shaft and tighten the screw against that flat surface.
That should reliably prevent it from turning.

You can also use 2k epoxy glue to glue the gear to the shaft.
Superglue doesn’t reliably stick on most plasics.
(be aware that, if you use expoxy, it can be that you have to break the gear to get it off again)

What i did is :

print a (GT2 Profile) Pulley that replaces the large gear
use an aluminum 20 teeth GT2 pulley on the motor shaft
drive the extruder with a belt drive

This eliminates the unevitable wear of the plastic gears and prints much mor reliable.
If you want to try that too, i can post pictures and a BOM.