Extruder Temp stays at 212

Hi all, I’ve started to have issues with the extruder Temperature read out , when i turn on the 3D Printer the temp reads normal for the heatbed e.g.: 20
the extruder however keeps reading 212, even with the connector unplugged from the Control board, if i plug the heatbed lead to the extruder it stays at 212 but if i connect the Extruder to the heatbed temp header the temp is reading normal…

tried flashing the firmware but keeps reading 212… does this mean the Control board is Shot or anyone have anything else to check

I hate to say it but it sounds as if the control board might have an issue.

Wrong way is probably right.

Just in case, what Arduino version did you use to flash the firmware?
Any version above 1.0.6 (NOT 1.6.0) WILL NOT WORK!

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]Wrong way is probably right.

Just in case, what Arduino version did you use to flash the firmware?
Any version above 1.0.6 (NOT 1.6.0) WILL NOT WORK![/quote]

No it’s not that I used the right one and I have been using it as the current setup for a week and then this fault occurred

Hi, disconnect the sensor from the problematic channel meaaure the voltage across the sensor terminals on the controller this should measure approx 5V? What happens if you connect a fixed 10kohm resistor across the same terminals and measure the voltage across the same terminals? I would hope that the voltage would drop significantly… post your findings…

I have the exact same issue, have you solved it yet? When i change the termsistor wires of the hotbed and the extruder the value comes up correct (but at the hotbed of course). Thus the termsistors are not broken… I am also a bit scared of flashing the board as velleman says this removes your warranty.

Flashing the board will not void your warranty.
If you decide to do this make sure the Arduino version is 1.0.6 or below.
The newer versions do not play nice with the K8200.
You can download it here.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#previous

[quote=“pr0xyfl00d3r”]Hi all, I’ve started to have issues with the extruder Temperature read out , when i turn on the 3D Printer the temp reads normal for the heatbed e.g.: 20
the extruder however keeps reading 212, even with the connector unplugged from the Control board, if i plug the heatbed lead to the extruder it stays at 212 but if i connect the Extruder to the heatbed temp header the temp is reading normal…

tried flashing the firmware but keeps reading 212… does this mean the Control board is Shot or anyone have anything else to check[/quote]

Did you manage to sort this?

Hi All, I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Mine was a little disapointing, my 3D printer started playing up. I have been having a similar problem with the extruder temperature. In Repetier the extruder Temp keeps registering approx. 97deg C even though I have changed the nthermistor, flushed the board with a number of different versions and have tried setting different thermistor settings within Marlin.

I have also tried swapping bthe extruder sensor to the heatbed connection and visa versa, the extruder temp read correctly on the heated bed connection and the heated bed temp was incorrcet when connected to the extruder sensor connection.

None of the above have remedied the problem.

To summerize, the the problem remained on the extruder connection on the CPU, this led me to believe that the board must have a fault.

So I removed the CPU from the printer and measured the resistances across the pullup resistors. Across the heated bed resister R7 the resistance was as expected 4.7K, across the extruder resistor R8 the resistance was approx. 2.3K. I proceeded to desolder the R8 resistor and the related capacitor C8 and remeasured the resistance acros the desoldered resistor pads, this read approx. 4k, I would have expected this to be a very high ohms (please correct me if I am incorrect in assuming high resistance ohms). After resoldering every thing back in place and connecting the CPU the problem still remain. My conclusion would be that the CPU has a fault.

Can somebody with a working CPU help by measuring the resistance across the R7 & R8 on their CPU and let me know what they are measuring, this wouild greatly be appreciated before I set out to purchasev a new CPU.

Regards
DaveC