Extruder stucks when filament filled in

Hello,

I´ve just assembled my K8200 using the z-axis upgrade and finished all tests so far without problems. But now I´m at a point I can´t find a solution.

When I heat up the extruder and move the extruder motor via manual control from repetier, everything works fine, the gears run smoothly, nothing stucks or shutter.

But when I fill in the filament and load the extruder until filament is tripping from the noozle, the gears always get stuck when I try to move filament for- or backward with the motor. I click on the buttons in repetier, the motor starts moving for a very small amout and then it stucks.

I have loosen the screws which are holding the motor, moved it for and back, tried all positions and even tried with loose screws, but with the same result. It moves a little, then stucks. When I pull out the filament from the extruder, everything is working fine again, gears are moving, nothing stucks.

What will I have to do in order to get this working with filament filled in?

I´m using black PLA filament from Vellemann, extruder temperature is set to 190 degree C.

Thank´s for any advice.

[quote=“juhu”]Hello,

I´ve just assembled my K8200 using the z-axis upgrade and finished all tests so far without problems. But now I´m at a point I can´t find a solution.

When I heat up the extruder and move the extruder motor via manual control from repetier, everything works fine, the gears run smoothly, nothing stucks or shutter.

But when I fill in the filament and load the extruder until filament is tripping from the noozle, the gears always get stuck when I try to move filament for- or backward with the motor. I click on the buttons in repetier, the motor starts moving for a very small amout and then it stucks.

I have loosen the screws which are holding the motor, moved it for and back, tried all positions and even tried with loose screws, but with the same result. It moves a little, then stucks. When I pull out the filament from the extruder, everything is working fine again, gears are moving, nothing stucks.

What will I have to do in order to get this working with filament filled in?

I´m using black PLA filament from Vellemann, extruder temperature is set to 190 degree C.

Thank´s for any advice.[/quote]

Does the motor stop easily too if you try to stop it by hand with no filament loaded?

Hello ichbinsnur,

thank you for your answer, your question was pointing me to the right direction. After some testing and further investigation I found out, that the problem is caused by the mounting of the small gear to the axis of the motor. While everything runs fine without any friction to the gears, it came out that with growing force of friction the litte gears starts slipping on the axis.

I tried to tighten the small screw in the small gear, but it was fixed strong and I was worried about breaking it or destroying the thread. So I disassembled the gear from the axis and roughend the axis with a saw blade to get better friction between the axis and the gear.

I reassambled the gear to the axis, which was going quite difficult now, and after doing some more tests everything is running fine now, filament is transported smoothly without any stuck or shudder.

So, thank you very much for your advice!

[quote=“juhu”]Hello ichbinsnur,

thank you for your answer, your question was pointing me to the right direction. After some testing and further investigation I found out, that the problem is caused by the mounting of the small gear to the axis of the motor. While everything runs fine without any friction to the gears, it came out that with growing force of friction the litte gears starts slipping on the axis.

I tried to tighten the small screw in the small gear, but it was fixed strong and I was worried about breaking it or destroying the thread. So I disassembled the gear from the axis and roughend the axis with a saw blade to get better friction between the axis and the gear.

I reassambled the gear to the axis, which was going quite difficult now, and after doing some more tests everything is running fine now, filament is transported smoothly without any stuck or shudder.

So, thank you very much for your advice![/quote]

Nice to hear you got it working.
Happy printing!

cheers,

Christian