Extruder feeder motor issue

I recently completed my Vertex build, after calibrating I went ahead to load filament for the first time.
Everything seems to go as it should, but after the heating cycle the extruder feeder motor does nothing.

Things I tried already:
[ul]
[]hooking the motor op to one of the axis cables, and I can control the motor manually (so the motor is not broken)[/]
[]using the EXT1 cable to connect one of the axis motors (so the EXT1 cable is not broken)[/]
[]reseated the motor driver board on the motherboard[/]
[/ul]

I have the 1 extruder firmware installed, I was thinking that maybe I am swapping EXT1 and EXT2 around - but that would seem weird.
Anyone have any ideas what I could try to get this extruder motor working? My last resort would be to guess that it is a mainboard issue and file a support request with Velleman, but I thought I’d check in with the community first :slight_smile:

Have you tried to swap the driver for Ext1 to the X or Y to see if the problem moves with the driver card?

SOLVED: fixed a short on one of the motor driver boards.

Thanks for the suggestion, I dived in again tonight.
The longer story:
I first checked the voltages on all the motor drivers, they were within the described ranges. No issues there.
Then, I removed all motor drivers and tested them one by one. I seated them individually on the Z-stage driver headers. One of the drivers was causing a crash/printer reboot when I tried to move the motor.
Initially, I figured the driver must be faulty - but I found it odd that I did manage to get a voltage reading.
Upon visual inspection, I noticed a tiny tiny short between two of the header pins. I removed the piece of solder, reseated all printer drivers and everything worked!
My first vertex print is printing as we speak. Onwards to further enhancements!

Just a few suggestions.
Change the retraction in Cura.
Retraction = 4mm
Retraction speed 110mm
If printing with PLA temp = 190C ABS = 220C

These are good starting points.