Extruder broken?

Hello,

I bought the K8800 about 2 weeks ago. (2nd hand, 6 months old, but it was still brand new in the box, unassembled). Assembly was easy by following the instructions.

After several problems trying to print and a lot of tweaking, I was able to start printing some small designs.
Then at one moment, It began to give filament detection problems. Every print was giving several unloading/loading filament issues… It came to the point where eventually the extruder seems broken… It makes noise but the filament isn’t pulled/pushed down the tube anymore.
I already carefully opened the extruder, cleaned it but the problem still persists. It seems like the motor doesn’t grip the axle of the filament-wheel anymore.

Can I somewhere order an new extruder? There seems to be none in the Velleman-shop of spare parts. What would be the price for this part.

Regards,
Chris

Hi @Route81
The problem with the extruder is a known issue, that’s why I did several changes at that point, see all my upgrade story’s. For quick solving problems, I suggest looking if the filament-wheel is fastened enough. If the switch of the filament detector goes too fast, you can try to adjust that. If that does not solve it, you can plug it off. If you really want a new won, you must open a ticket at Velleman for spare parts.
If you need assistance with the upgrades I made, you may mail me direct to t.emmelot at gmail.com.

Kind regards,
Tom

1 Like

Hi TomE,
Thank you for the tips. I went through all of them.

As for the extruder, It’ll be a lost cause. I tried even without the spring but it’s internally. The axle won’t turn anymore, eventhough you hear the motor making noise.

This morning I went to a shop where they’ve sold this model in the past. That person told me Velleman doesn’t make that anymore since 3 years and that there are no more spareparts available. Crazy knowing that the people I bought it from had bought it new only 6 months ago… probably online somewhere I guess.

If I’m lucky, I might get one through a ticket at Velleman as you suggested.
Regards,
Chris/Route81

Hallo @Route81

Kijk hier, ben je een stuk goedkoper uit!

Dit is de stepper motor die er in zit.

Groeten,
Tom

Hey,
Dat zou inderdaad ook een oplossing zijn. De eigenaar van de winkel gaf ook al aan dat het waarschijnlijk eenvoudiger ging zijn om zelf te repareren dan aan wisselstukken te geraken.
Nu, zoiets is wel nieuw voor mij, maar het zal nu ook wel geen rocketscience zijn om dat gewisseld te krijgen? Enkel die wieltjes en dat lager eraf krijgen zonder schade zal wat tricky zijn veronderstel ik/
Nu, ik heb intussen ook al contact met iemand die de Vertex Delta nog nieuw aanbied op Bol.com… Die ging ook eens informeren naar eventuele stock bij Velleman.
Mvg,
Chris

Succes :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nog een kleine update:
Ik had een ticket bij Velleman aangemaakt en de situatie uitgelegd. Ik kreeg bericht terug dat ze me een nieuwe extruder gratis zullen opsturen als spare part.

De enige woorden dat ik hiervoor heb is:
WAW! Wat een service van Velleman!!!

Hallo Chris,

Ze zijn heel aardig bij Velleman, hoop dat er ook een stappenmotor bijzit.
Alleen jammer dat ze het hele 3D gebeuren niet meer produceren.

Groeten,
Tom