ERR: MINTEMP at first startup AFTER FW upgrade *EDIT*

Hi there,

I finished the assembly of a Vertex K8400 printer with 1 printing head.

As stated in the instruction, I first proceeded to the upgrade of the firmware (>>>M1 V1.1 H1). Note that contrary to what’s explained in the instruction, I did it on MacOS, not on Windows… The upgrade seemed without any trouble. (Does the arduino compilation on macOS sets any problem???)

Despite the upgrade of the firmware, the status screen keeps on diplaying ERR: MINTEMP.

I went through the forum and found a few usefull information about this issue:

I double checked the wiring from the printhead till the motherboard. Everything seems in it’s right place. I do not see any lose lead or anything…

(The encoder knob doesn’t work well, whatever I do, it keeps on coming back onthe status screen. Sometime after a splitsecond, sometime after a dozen seconds… I assume, this is due to the MINTEMP problem, not to a faulty knob.)

I have been able to perform autohome without problem though…

Does anyone has a clue how to get rid of this?

Thank you (a lot) in advance!

d.

Edit:

I did the upgrade of the firmware again on another computer:

Windows 8.1, Arduino 1.0.6, aso… The whole thing seemed to run smoothly (again)…

Still have that ERR: MINTEMP message.

(But now, the encoder knob works as expected though!)

I guess that this might not be a software problem after all. Any idea for further investigation?

(Btw admin, I am very sorry if I opened this thread in the wrong section of the board…)

[b]EDIT 2:

Quick summary of what is said in french in this thread. (to whom it might interest…)

Raby, thanks again to him, advised me to use a multimeter to check the slick cable between the extruder & the main board… While doing this I found a contact failure between the sensor plug and the socket on the mainboard. I slightly bent a pin of the socket on the board (actually they were perfectly aligned in the first place…) , plugged it back and “Vertex was ready”. [/b]

i had this err: mintemp problem when i had the 2 printing head firmware on my Printer. Are you sure that you have the Fimware for 1 Printing Head. After updating to 1 printing head firmware the error is gone by me…

check the wiring of the sensor at the printing head this could be the problem too.

I’m new in this buisness to so probably someone from this forum can help you better.

[quote=“Recoon”]i had this err: mintemp problem when i had the 2 printing head firmware on my Printer. Are you sure that you have the Fimware for 1 Printing Head. After updating to 1 printing head firmware the error is gone by me…

check the wiring of the sensor at the printing head this could be the problem too.

I’m new in this buisness to so probably someone from this forum can help you better.[/quote]

Hi there and thanks for this answer.

Unfortunately, I did all of this already… I double checked the wiring from the printhead till the motherboard…

The upgrade was done (the printer shows now the correct M1 V1.1 H1 on startup instead of M1 V1 H2)

What I do not know is the impact of the arduino compulation done on MacOS instead of windows… This seemed to be a problem in the past since there was a gap in the version of the arduino software… Now version are supposed to be identical on MacOS and PC…

What are the temperature(s) displayed on the LCD?

(Mais Raby, on va peut être continuer en français… un namurois et un carolo devrait arriver à se comprendre comme ça!) :wink:

Ah ah! un carolo parisien :wink:

Si toutes les températures sont à 0 il y a un problème de branchement du thermistor (0 = pas de CTN branchée). Vérifie la résistance aux bornes de la fiche en le débranchant de la carte contrôleur.

PS : Après avoir chargé le nouveau firmware, tu as bien rechargé les valeurs dans l’EEPROM? (load defaults puis save to memory)

[quote=“raby”]Ah ah! un carolo parisien :wink:

Si toutes les températures sont à 0 il y a un problème de branchement du thermistor (0 = pas de CTN branchée). Vérifie la résistance aux bornes de la fiche en le débranchant de la carte contrôleur.

PS : Après avoir chargé le nouveau firmware, tu as bien rechargé les valeurs dans l’EEPROM? (load defaults puis save to memory)[/quote]

Oui parisien d’adoption mais sois rassuré, je passe assez souvent par Namur pour rembourser les bons conseils en pintes à la cuve à bière!

Pour la mesure, c’est prévu, mais j’ai laissé mon multimètre au taf. Au pire, ça se trouve facilement cette pièce?

Et oui j’ai bien fait la manip pour recharger les valeur dans l’eeprom. Elle est d’une ergonomie douteuse je trouve… Y a rien qui te dit que ca a marché… Tu cliques et il ne se passe rien…

Tiens, une autres question tant que je t’ai sous la main: est ce normal que je ne puisse pas déplacer la tête d’impression via les commandes manuelles de repetier a cause de ce problème? Le autohome fonctionne mais pas le déplacement Manuel… Curieux non?

[quote=“electroluxe”]est ce normal que je ne puisse pas déplacer la tête d’impression via les commandes manuelles de repetier a cause de ce problème? Le autohome fonctionne mais pas le déplacement Manuel… Curieux non?[/quote]Je n’ai jamais testé avec la CTN non branchée mais il y a un tas de protections qui ont une certaine tendance à tout bloquer dès qu’il y a un problème. Et sur le LCD, le déplacement manuel fonctionne?
Pour la CTN, vérifie si il n’y a pas un contact plié dans la fiche (ça m’est déjà arrivé). Essaye aussi de la mettre dans la sortie thermistor du heat bed pour voir si là elle affiche une valeur.
Ça peut aussi être un fil rompu dans la nappe. Vérifie aussi le contact au bornier sur la tête. Si la CTN est foireuse tu demandes un échange à Velleman. Sinon c’est une CTN linéaire de 100K qu’on trouve assez facilement sur le net.

Raby, merci, tu peux sans problème ajouter une petite barre sur ton tableau de chasse.

Sur tes bons conseil, j’ai dégainé le multimètre… En contrôlant les câbles de la nappe extrudeur/arduino, je suis tombé sur un mauvais contact dans la fiche de la thermistance côté arduino. Petite réparation de fortune qui tendra le temps que ça tiendra et premiers tests… plutôt concluants!

Tu n’as plus qu’à choisir: Cuve à bière ou Bouffon du roi?

Encore merci!