Election wheel doesn't work

I had a small crash yesterday cause of a print came off the bed while still printing. I stopped the printing and pulled out the socket.
Today I wanted to start a new print, but the selection wheel doesn’t react. I feel the click when I push on it, but the menu does not open. The display just keeps showing the startscreen.
I uploaded the firmeware again hoping this would help, but it didn’t.

What could this be?

thanks

Check to make sure the reset button on the LCD screen just below the knob is not pressed.

Both of reset buttons are fine.

Check the bolts that hold it together make sure they are still tight.

You may need to remove the LCD and put it back together.
Sometimes the pins don’t make a good connection.
Also since you have it apart inspect the solder joints for the knob.
May be they cracked when you put the knob on.

I took out the display and checked everything, nothing out off the ordinary to see.
I put everything back and the display activated, but no text. I thought this maybe came cause of the socket was not in. So I plugged it in and suddenly after a minute or 2 the printhead started smoking … Printhead melted. So I guess it will be a ticket to velleman for a new head and display. :frowning:

This sounds like a control board issue.

How long does it take for Velleman to react on a ticket? Its a full workweek now and still no reaction.

I got my spare parts within 10 working days.
Counting from starting with a ticket until getting the parts at home.

Frank

Support tickets are currently backed up quite a bit due to unforeseen circumstances

Our apologies

[quote=“VEL448”]Support tickets are currently backed up quite a bit due to unforeseen circumstances

Our apologies[/quote]

Ok thx. Now I know why there is no awnser.
Waiting in the dark was a bit frustrating. :slight_smile: