Edu09 : Calibration failed (resolved)

Please check that there is no short circuit to ground on the soldering points of: R27, R9 or R10.

Resistance found:

• IC3-PIN12 ==> IC2-PIN1 =23.8
  • IC3-PIN12 ==> IC2-PIN2 =3.7

No short circuit between ground and R27, R9, R10

Please check that IC3 pin 12 is not short circuited to ground.
The resistance between this pin and ground should be 26 k ohm.

well as I am really new in electronics things I am suddenly not sure to understand/know how to check short circuit (so may be I did a bad answer before).

When I measure resistance with GND-SK2, I found:
IC3-PIN12 = 0
R9 = 0.96
R10 = 0
R27=1.84

OK.
Indeed, there seems to be a short circuit (solder bridge) between the trace connected to pin 12 of IC3.
The short is either on the solder point of R10 or IC3 pin 12.

It works!

A soldered point of R10 was faulty, I just resoldered it and that’s all!

May be to be added to the check list when a user does not succeed to advanced calibration or to measure: check input cables! Mine was broken/cut (red input cable) at the plug level. I just had to cut it and to reconnect it to the plug!

In all cases a very big thanks to you for your valuable help.

Best regards

[quote]It works![/quote]This is good news :slight_smile:

[quote]May be to be added to the check list when a user does not succeed to advanced calibration or to measure: check input cables! Mine was broken/cut (red input cable) at the plug level. I just had to cut it and to reconnect it to the plug! [/quote]I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Indeed, it is good that this problem is now located and solved too.
Thank you for the feedback.

Hello, I assembled my Edu08 a few days ago. But it didn’t work … thanks to these topics, I found 2 problems:

• too much flux on the boards, it really was a problem
  • surprisingly, I also had a broken red cable

For everyone who doesn’t manage to get the screen working properly: remove all flux with isopropyl alcohol.
For everyone who doesn’t manage to calibrate and measure something: check the cables even if they are new.

1 Like