Edu05

I was interested in the EDU05 for learning about USB and interfacing a PIC via USB to a Windows application.
I see code is available on the Windows side but is the source code available for the PIC18F24J50 used on the EDU05?

Because of copy right reason Velleman never gives out source code.

It looked like the schematic showed an ICSP connection on the EDU05 board but I may be wrong.
The schematic I viewed earlier indicated it was a PIC18F24J50 microcontroller. Is it programmable via ICSP?
Does Velleman have any example code to talk to the Windows DLL they seem to have provided?

You can download the demo software and example from the link below.

http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/files/downloads/edu05_rev1148.zip

The manual can be found here.
http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/0/user/usermanual_edu05_uk.pdf

[quote=“Don”]It looked like the schematic showed an ICSP connection on the EDU05 board but I may be wrong.[/quote]You are right, there is an ICSP connector J2 on the EDU05 board.

[quote=“Don”]The schematic I viewed earlier indicated it was a PIC18F24J50 microcontroller. Is it programmable via ICSP?[/quote]Yes, it is.

Hi,

I was just thinking about getting your EDU05 kit but to learn about USB I’d like to have the communication code that actually communicates with your device through USB.

I’ve peeked through the example code a bit and everything seems to go through EDU05D.DLL. Is there code available for this DLL? Did I just miss it?

Without this code, the learning about USB would be limited.

Thanks,

Doug

Here is the link to download the source code for the EDU05D.DLL:
box.com/s/83940074e479efc60bd8
The DLL is written and compiled in Delphi 5.

Hi, i just purchased the EDU05 USB Kit. I can see from the computer side, it has some good examples on VC++ (the language i use) using external dll´s. I did some observation on the usb driver used and i found out those are system32\DRIVERS\hidclass.sys, hidparse.sys, hidusb.sys and system32\hid.dll. I compiled on VS 2010. and it works perfect. Nonetheless, this module is a “tutor” on USB, so, i guess there should be some kind of guidance on how to get to the point of doing the program on the pic side.(i read you “don’t disclose source code” but remember you are selling a “tutor” module for “education purposes”) and some guidance on how to get to the point of developing the external dll so that i can be assembled in VS studio or any other. I mean the overall process… i´m not saying to display the source code, but a guide to develop our own and extend it to may be isochronous or bulk transfers… and so on. Still a good product, but i have many peripheral devices that works flawlessly on USB port. Any feedback on this matters wold be appreciated.