Edu 08

The kit shows no sign of a display.ave checked the best that I can for dry joints, short circuits, polarity and supply but I am at a loss as to what to try next. I am happy to return for checking if you could supply details or could you suggest other things that I could check

Regards

Barneymeg

UK

Before sending the unit you can test the voltages on SK1 connector on the top board.
(It is connected to the pin header SK7 on the bottom board.)
You can use the input ground lead as GND reference.
The voltages on the pins should be:
Top row from left to right 3.3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3.3, 0, 0.4
Bottom row 0, 3.3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 3.3, 0

You can return the EDU08 for inspection/repair to your local Velleman dealer or direct to:

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

Hi thanks for the prompt response. Have done as you instructed, top row agrees except last pin which read 0v
Bottom row all read 0v. Just to make sure that I have got this right I am testing the pins not the sockets and they are orientated at the top of the board.

Regards
Barneymeg

[quote]Bottom row all read 0v[/quote]This is very strange result.
The first pin of the top row is connected to the second pin of the bottom row on the main board.
So, on both of these pins there should be same voltage 3.3V.

I’m very sorry I mistook your instructions. I was taking the readings from the pins with the top board detached. Reading from the top board is as follows- top row, pins 1,3,4,5,7= 3.3v 2,6,8,9 = 0v

Bottom row ,  pins 2,3,4,5,6= 3.3v  pins 1,7,9= 0v  pin 8=2.2

Hope this makes more sense
Regards

Barneymeg

Yes, this makes more sense.
I’m sorry for the confusing instructions.
The results show that there is some problem on the board.

I think the best solution is to return the EDU08 for inspection/repair to your local Velleman dealer or direct to:

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

Yes I will return it to given address, should I include any reference or other information and will I be informed of the reason for the problem?

Thank you for your help

Regards

Barneymeg

Please provide your name and address and a short description of the problem.
If possible include also a copy of this conversation for reference.

Hi sent the circuit to the address you gave nearly 3 weeks ago heard nothing since.
Barneymeg