E3Dv6 on K8400 (single head)

I posted the design for the mount I’m currently using with my E3Dv6 hot-end on thingiverse. It’s inspired by rrekawa’s mount which I used for a while (link). Not being constrained by having two hot-ends, I designed a holder plug for the small fan and moved the hot-end to the right. This allows having the E3D fan pointing back and preserving the standard build area.
I also chose to retain the radial fan.

Thingiverse link

Nice! But do you really need the original turbine fan with that setup?

I don’t have anything I’d call a turbine fan on that setup. The purposes of the three fans are:

E3D fan: Mandatory cooling by E3D’s design.
Small axial fan (pointing right): Print cooler.
Radial fan (top): Print cooler

Now, originally I suspect the radial fan was for cooling both the print and the isolator guide(s) considering the construction of the carriage clamps and mount plate. I only need the former since I’m using the E3D fan on the hot-end.

Here’s two examples with radial fan on (left) and off (right) using PLA, 0.1 mm, 210 degrees C, heat-bed 60 degrees C, same gcode:

3DBenchy. Printed facing to the right, so this is the part facing towards the back of the printer. This can be printed on a cold bed with practically no overhang curling.

3DBenchy’s ceiling. A cold bed would likely not make a difference.

With very selective and non counterproductive ducting the cooling can likely be improved but I’ve not done enough work on that.