E3D Titan Extruder

I finally done it!

For months I’ve now had a E3D Titan extruder laying around, but never mounted it. I need the printer too much…
A couple of days ago the PLA filament broke in the original extruder in several bits. No way to get them out without dismantling the extruder.

OK, if I’ve got the take things apart, I might as well mount the new extruder with the E3D v6 hotend (I was using a E3D v4 hotend before).

What should I say? The first print was near to perfect with the Titan. I had to lower the Z axis home position by approx. 15mm first and set the extruder steps to 418.
Seems to be a good value, no need to adjust that.

And this is what it looks like:

Much easier to change filament now, as the Titan has a fully guided filament path. Also, it should be possible to print with flexible filament (not tried yet).

The mount for the Titan can be found here: stayathome.ch/Downloads/Titan_mount_6.stl
(No need to change the possition of the Z frame with this mount.)

Regards

Looks really good!

I’m going to ditch my K8203 extruder/hotend as soon as I run out of spare nozzles.

What steps per mm did you use in the firmware?

Thanks!

hi i want to buy your K8203 extruder for a sesebule price

I took your suggestion of “I had to lower the Z axis home position by approx. 15mm first and set the extruder steps to 418” and everything worked out GREAT!