DHCP Fail

Hey guys,

i connected the vm201 to a FritzBox. But the DHCP don´t work. The Ip stays the same. When I set the ip adress manualy the card is shown in the network but the is no chance to ping it. DHCP is enabled with a hook. What can cause this problem? my firmware is already updated to 1342.

thanks in advanced

marc

[quote]I connected the vm201 to a FritzBox[/quote]Which ports? How is everything wired/connected?[quote]The Ip stays the same[/quote]Which IP address would that be?[quote]When I set the ip adress manualy the card is shown in the network[/quote]“shown in the network”, what does that mean?[quote]but the is no chance to ping it[/quote]Ping it from where?[quote]DHCP is enabled with a hook[/quote]What is a “hook”?

Keep in mind that things like DHCP are configured at boot. If you want a device like the VM201 to get a new IP address through DHCP, you will need to reboot it. Simply plugging in cables does nothing, this is a common mistake.

Hey,

First of all thanks for your quick respons. It was a good advice that I need to reboot the system for a DHCP connection. I tried it now again but without success.

I reboot the system with power off , keep the right button pushed and power on. I expected the VM201 to recive the IP 192.168.178.38. The vm201 is connected via lan to the LAN Port 1 with complete excess. The vm201 is shown with the IP 192.168.178.38 in the fritz networklist. But the IP setted in the vm201 is 192.168.0.100. How is that possible? Iam a little confused. I still can´t ping the box from an pc connected to the same network.

Is the MAC address correctly set in the fritzbox?

i cant see the mac from the device connected to lan port 1

The mac address is shown on the LCD on boot up.

it worked now to connect it directly to the fritzbox. but if i try to connect it to the repeater with exactly the same procedure it failed. The mac adress is correct but the ip settings are not the same like in the fritzrepeater

Just a guess maybe you need to supply the MAC address of the repeater.

supply to where?

Instead of the MAC address from the VM201 use the MAC address of the repeater.

[quote=“wayn”]if i try to connect it to the repeater with exactly the same procedure it failed[/quote]Using a repeater is a whole different story, I won’t be able to help you with that. Most likely you will need to port forward from the router->repeater, and from the repeater->vm201.