Device Manager

at my computer , I cant find ports in Device Manager, my system is windows 8, can someone help me?

When you type ‘Device Manager’ on your start screen, you’ll end up in the search function of windows 8. On the right, there are three options: apps, settings and files.

Select ‘settings’, and Device manager should be in there :wink:

yeah, i found that, but i didnt findt the PORTS

Not sure about Windows 8 but there should be an entry
Com & LPT

It should look like this on Windows 8 (USB Serial Port):

Same problem to me. Windows 8, no Com/lpt ports vissible. I saw on the internet that it probably must be enabled in the bios?

Under integrated pheripcals, but I don’t have that into my bios. I have an EVGA SR2 board.

Somebody an idea?

Thanks in advance!

A few questions
Are you trying to use a tablet?
Did you load the drivers?

What do you mean by use a tablet?

I installed the FTDI CDM chip drivers. That was a link in the printer manual. It gave no errors and said the Bus/D2XX driver and the VCP driver are ready to use.

Do I miss a step in the process?

Can you try the board on another computer? To verify if the controller board isn’t entirely dead and thus not detected at all by the OS. It is possible that the Ports section only becomes visible if there actually is at least one serial device.

(Evidently, also make sure that the USB port is functioning, for example by connecting something else with USB)

Ok I try on my laptop (win 7 x64) and on another pc (win 7 x64).

By the way: the little green led is blinking twice when set the power on the printer and then nothing.

Is that good?

On my laptop it doesn’t work. The green light on the board is blinking twice and then nothing. No com port, no movement, no windows recognition.

I checked the usb and this port is definately good.

What can I do next now?

Request a new controller board through parts@velleman.be, include your contact details

Done! New board is arrived and installed and the printer is working.