DC alim

Hello ,

is it possible to use an 12Vdc alim with VM201?

Correct operation cannot be guaranteed, unless the diode bridge at the input is bypassed.

Which diodes need to be bypassed i.e. what is their reference designators?

The diode bridge D7…D10 needs to be bypassed.
Careful: once bypassed, there is no reverse polarity protection, so mind the polarity!
http://www.velleman.eu/images/tmp/Diagram%20VM201.docx
(Please allow 1h for server update)

I too am interested in this. I want to use your relay board to control an off-grid solar panel based camera system out in the forest with a satellite internet connection, and the relay board will be running off a battery bank that may go as low as 10.5V and as high as 14.7V during bright sunlight charging. Can the board handle that range of voltage? I was thinking of applying the +12VDC to BOTH of the AC inputs, and then finding a place to attach the GND to a Ground screw somewhere. That would apply a small voltage drop across the 2 parallel diodes in the bridge to reduce the 14+ volts during charging. Would that work?

No, that will not work.
Not sure the board will work correctly with 10V too, since the relays are 12V types.
With 10V, either they will not energize or they will energize too slow, which can cause premature wear of the relay contacts, when larger currents are switched.