CS130 : Ringing is reversed

I have just bought this Velleman CS130 metal detector. It’s always ringing except when a piece of metal is detected ! Exactly the opposite of what i expected ! It should ring only when a piece of metal is detected !

It’s for a birthday. I have no time to send it back before it. Can i unweld something en weld it in the right place and position to get a correct functionality ?

Thanks for help.

BR,

This forum is for Velleman Projects products only (products developed by Velleman), so we will have to remove your post. You can use the following form if you have a question about the CS130:
velleman.eu/support/contact/?product=382692

However, from what I can tell from the manual and personal use of the device, what you hear is perfectly normal.

• The detector produces a signal as soon as it is switched on.
  • The signal varies according to the detected object.
  • For ferrous metals, the tone will be low and the meter moves to the left.
  • Non-ferrous metals will produce a higher tone and the meter moves to the right.

Perhaps other metal detectors work differently, or perhaps this is a misconception, I don’t know. Internet sources also speak of a constant tone.

A lot of detectors in the market produce a constant background tone called “threshold” for deeper detection. The user must follow the pitch changes in this tone to identify a target.