Converting Velleman K8200

Hey guys, I am curious if anybody knows if it can be done, and if so which board would work best. I have had some sort of issue arise with my controller board for my K8200 and in all fairness it doesn’t make much sense to pay $250 CAD to buy a new controller board for it. Could a guy basically rewire and put a different controller board on the K8200? What potential issues could arise from this?

Any feedback in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

[quote=“sjdennis”]Hey guys, I am curious if anybody knows if it can be done, and if so which board would work best. I have had some sort of issue arise with my controller board for my K8200 and in all fairness it doesn’t make much sense to pay $250 CAD to buy a new controller board for it. Could a guy basically rewire and put a different controller board on the K8200? What potential issues could arise from this?

Any feedback in this regard would be much appreciated.

Thanks.[/quote]

I’m using the Ramps 1.4 board, it’s working fine
Available for about 30 euros (China webstores for example)
It takes some rewiring and changes of the firmware, but that can be found at several forums.

Regards, Hugo

Yes, RAMPS 1.4 and an Arduino is a decent replacement for the stock controller. You can find some information about what I had to do here:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16560