Connecting through Iphone App

Hello,

I’ve just started using my ethernet card. What i’ve done so far is:

• Powering it up
  • Connecting it by ethernet cable directly to my laptop which is connected to wifi.
  • Accessed the card by it’s ip address through the web browser and controlled the relays from there.

I downloaded the iphone app but cant access the card either through the app or safari. Would you please guide me through detailed steps what i can do to access it ? The app gives me the message "Unable to connect to server, please verify the settings (ip: “ip shown on card’s lcd” port:9760) ". How can i fix this?

Thankyou.

[quote]- Connecting it by ethernet cable directly to my laptop which is connected to wifi.[/quote]Connect the VM201 to your router instead of your laptop.

thankyou for your previous reply.

I want to try the output of the relays. I tried leds but they didnt work, maybe because the output of the realy is too high. i want to know what kind of device i can use to try the outputs and see the ON/OFF effect on them ?

Please note that the relays have a dry contact, there is no voltage coming out of them.

so how can i get an output out of it? … i read that i have to “wet” the contact by supplying a voltage from one end and taking the output from the other end.
Is that true? and if it’s true, what voltage should i use to wet the contact ?

Judging by your reply, your electronics knowledge is very limited.
There is no problem with that, however, to avoid injury or damage, we strongly suggest that you seek local help when you try to hook something up to the card.
Hereby a link that shows how to hook up a load to a relay contact.
http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39&hilit=relay+contacts+and+how+to+use+them