Conection in repetier

Hi,

i just finished to build my k8200 - but unfortunately i cannot connect it to my pc.

i downloaded and installed the drivers, its connected in device manager to com 4 on my new laptop, but when I connect in repetier it does not give the required connection confirmation text e.g. FIRMWARE_NAME:MarlinV1; etc nothing that is pressed in manual control works and any commads are left in a waiting state 2 leds are lit on the board.

Can you please advise

Have a look in the Wiki about this issue.

Thanks, the Com port appears and disappears when I connect and disconnect in device manager, so I think it is fine, the usb serial driver is installed on the computer and the baud rate is fine however I cant see “Reset on Connect” in the printer settings to see whether it is disabled or not. I am running version 84 which is the recommended one in the k8200 build manual. I also dont know if USB port of the printer functional although the fact the lights come on when I connect the usb and the computer recognises it in COM 4 suggest it works.

Reset on conect is last option of the screen and the only check box on the connection main menu

Hi in printer settings there is the following tabs connection, Printer, Printer Shape and Advanced none of these has a reset on connection check box on my 84 version

Because it’s not a check box but a drop-down menu (just under “Transfer Protocol”). Select ‘Disabled’.

Now you can use a newer version of Repetier (1.0.x). It works fine and the Cura slicer is embedded.

Thanks the drop down did not exist in the version I had. I tried version 1 like you suggested with all my settings eg buad rate saved but still the same problem everything is still unresponsive in manual control even when I disabled the reset on connection

Stupid question but did you power up the printer? The USB is recognized wether the Printer is power-up or not and the USB LEDs are lit but nothing else will work.
Did you try to push the reset button (green LED flashes twice)?

Hi thanks there was a power problem but I have sent it back to the supplier to fix it thanks to all for all the advice
Jason