Communication problems after heating process started

Hello, i just finished mounting the k8200, been following all the setting/testing of the setup, all work in right direction by manual use, movement in all axes and feeder.

after finishing the testing i tested the 2 heaters, the bed and the extruder and all went ok, than i tried to make the first print…and there’s a total communication interruption between software and the k8200, it happen when the heating process starts, the software can’t read the temprature probes and the k8200 is not receiving any signal from the manual use window.

this thing happen also, if without any process to do, i swich on manually 1 of the heaters or both, from that moment there’s no more communication, not reading of temperatures, and no way to move the axes x,y and z manually…even by disconnecting and connecting again, it show a COM error…

to be sure about the correct wiring i tested manualy the axes before starting the heaters, and all of them works…

what can it be?

thanks for your help…

Are you using a very long USB cable or a USB extension cord?
Did yo replace the original power supply with a different one?
Did you mount the supplied ferrite core?

[quote=“VEL417”]Are you using a very long USB cable or a USB extension cord?
Did yo replace the original power supply with a different one?
Did you mount the supplied ferrite core?[/quote]
Hello, thanks for the reply, i’m using a 3mt long extension as the original one is too short, power supply is original and the power supply already had a ferrite core istalled on cable, so didn’ istall it.

Most likely the long usb cable is the cause of troubles.

I’m using a 5 meter extensioncord but have no communicationproblems.
I think you have to check the settings of the com\lpt port config.

Hi Cees,

I’m afraid that it does work in your case is no guarantee that it will work everywhere else, too. The USB IC has a split voltage potential, i.e. it can be influenced in it’s signal processing when there are small voltage differences between the two incomming lines, main power and USB. A short cable can help to keep this voltage difference small and enable the USB IC to work correctly, while in some setups the voltage difference is small on its own and a long USB cable can be used without problems.

Cheers,
kuraasu

ok, it was the cable…had to use the original one without any extension…
been doing the first print…but the X axes first 4-5 layers come non aligned with the other 30…what can it be? a belt problem?