Com port not showing up in Device Manager

zapodaj.net/a39693f72974f.jpg.html
zapodaj.net/eb8bd0cf3e5f3.jpg.html

[quote=“maciek001”]http://zapodaj.net/a39693f72974f.jpg.html
zapodaj.net/eb8bd0cf3e5f3.jpg.html[/quote]

I’m not absolutely sure, but it looks like U3 has some bad solder joints on the left side pins.
Did you have that problem right from the start?

U3 is FT232RL.
#24 pin - no connected
#27 pin - OSCI
This pin are not used.
Probably U3 is broken (heats up). I buy printer a few days ago and did not work from the beginning.

[quote=“maciek001”]U3 is FT232RL.
#24 pin - no connected
#27 pin - OSCI
This pin are not used.
Probably U3 is broken (heats up). I buy printer a few days ago and did not work from the beginning.[/quote]

If it heats up it’s possibly brokan, as you mentioned.
I just reported this thread for the support to have a look.

I can fix it but want to lose the warranty :wink:

Please return the board for inspection/repair/exchange, either to your distributor or direct to:

Velleman Projects Tech. Dept.
Legen Heirweg 33
9890 Gavere
Belgium

US residents: please call (817) 284 77 85 for RMA#

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi sorry for not writing for a long time. I decided to return my board and power supply to my distributor, and i just got them back. The power supply works now, but my controller board does still not show up in device manager when i plug her in. I have tried with multiple computers and usb cables.

The only diffrence is now the red led is still on after i connect the power supply.
EDIT :

Now neither of the leds turn on

I had this on Saturday after it printed fine on Friday. Spent half of last Saturday looking what it could be and in the end it turned out to be the usb cable. Changed it and no problem since. Being so simple to try it out, it might be worth it for you guys:)