Change Therm1 to Therm2?

Ok, continuation of a prior problem I had. (see the link to the thread below). I discovered that my wiring, thermistor, and firmware are perfectly fine. The Therm1 male port on the board is just no longer reading for some reason. Upon inserting the therm1 female plug into therm2 male plug, the thermistor registers and reads temperatures without issue.

I have been only printing in PLA and have had no issues with prints sticking to the bed (mirror/masking tape combo) and do not usually even use the bed. Does anyone know how I would go about editing the firmware to read Therm2 as my extruder? I thought I’d ask a more K8200 crowd first. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13617

[quote=“pwalsh117”]Ok, continuation of a prior problem I had. (see the link to the thread below). I discovered that my wiring, thermistor, and firmware are perfectly fine. The Therm1 male port on the board is just no longer reading for some reason. Upon inserting the therm1 female plug into therm2 male plug, the thermistor registers and reads temperatures without issue.

I have been only printing in PLA and have had no issues with prints sticking to the bed (mirror/masking tape combo) and do not usually even use the bed. Does anyone know how I would go about editing the firmware to read Therm2 as my extruder? I thought I’d ask a more K8200 crowd first. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13617[/quote]

Measure the resitor at the therm1 port while the board is powerd off disconnected from usb and thermistor plug disconnected.
It should read 4.7 kOhms, If nit, it’s broken.
Then maybe try replacing it.

cheers,

Christian

Thank you for replying!

looks as though the resistor needs replacing. Should be fun. simple enough though. I annoyingly just lost my usb connection of course. So after fixing that I’ll switch out the resistor and post how it went. Thanks!