Cautious moving forward, need confirmation

As I got information where to find additional information through the forum on where to go to find connection and use information, I continued on to connecting my printer.

While the manual asks to download Repetier V 0.84, the Velleman website shows a link to V0.95F as the proper version.

It is unfortunate that Velleman is not updating the manual they provide as actual from their own website. I found some other inconsistencies in the manual, that have been mentioned months ago in the forum but have not been addressed by the manufacturer. Anyway…

So I dowloaded Repetier, downloaded the FTDI VCP Driver. I connected the USB cable between my laptop and the PCB of the printer. a red and a green LED (close to the USB port) came on and I believe that means everything is in order.

After setting up Repetier the next step : connecting the power:

The manual says : If anything happens when you do this, disconnect the supply immediately.
I can understand if something starts to smell or burn, that’s bad. When I connect the power the red and green LED turn off and a green LED starts flashing twice behind the connector for the Y-stop and the X-stop. Both switch are not triggered

Is that what is considered “anything happens”? As I don’t know I quickly disconnected. I rather wait until forum members might give kindly advice to this newbie…

In the meantime I will check the Y-axes end-stop switch and wiring to see whether something is not right. It might be that the blinking green LED means “error” at one of the stops.

As soon as I disconnect the power, green and red (close to the USB port) are coming on again. So I have not fried my board yet :slight_smile:

I appreciate the help and hope the learning curve will not be too long so one day I can “repay” the forum by helping others.

I forgot to mention that I did check the Printer settings:

Connector: Serial Connection
Port : Com 3 ( as of my Device Manager)
Baud Rate : 250000
Transfer protocol: Autodetect
Reset on Connect: Disabled
Reset on Emergency: Send emergency command and reconnect
Receive Cache Size: 127
Use Ping-Pong communication (not activated)

I checked the Voltage on the blue connectors to be 15.3V during a short connection to power.

update
I am getting movement and extruder and heatbed are heating up.
Reading a lot on the forum I found a post, suggesting to check the cache size setting. Mine was at default at 127. I reset it to 63 as suggested and voila : I can connect!