cANT OPEN A COMS PORT

Things were not going well with my first print so I uninstalled all the Repetier software reinstalled Repetier host 1.6.1 - Repetier server installed itself too. My issue is that I can only see 2 coms ports (that are associated with Bluetooth)… before reinstallation had another port available, but it is no longer visible. I ran the Arduino firmware installer 1.6.7 and ended with the message- problem uploading to board. Do I need to reinstall serial drivers and if so, where would I find them or is it something else?

Help! I need to get printing, not learning programming!
Andrew.

To start with download and try this software package.
http://www.k8200.eu/downloads/files/downloads/setup_repetierhost_k8200_0_95f.zip
It has the driver and the ini file for the K8200.
When in asks about loading the driver you should.
Make sure the printer is plugged in the computer.

Thanks for the input, however it is still no go. The install seemed to go fine, 2 drivers listed with big green ticks against them but I still don’t get a com port apart from the 2 Bluetooth ones. I had the USB connected and the red and green leds were lit right through.
Any ideas where I go from here?
Cheers,

Andrew.

I had a scout around for the fdti drivers- I can see them both (bus and port) in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. Is this the correct place for them or should they be in C:\Windows\System32\drivers?

Just wondering.
When the printer is plugged into the USB port but there is no power on the printer and the LEDs on closest to the USB socket?
If they are when you plug the printer in do they turn off?

All sorted,

thanks Wrong Way.

What was the issue?