Cannot control motors and extruter

Hi,

I had a working system for a while until today. I am able to use Repetier to heat the print bed and also turn on the fan, but nothing happens when I try to move the stage (x,y,z all of them do not seem to get input) and also the extruder doesn’t pick up the input.

I checked the voltage on the x,y,z motor drivers and they are about 0.45V and these are the usual values that used to work for me. But it seems that this signal doesn’t get sent to the motors. Also, the extruder doesn’t work.

I haven’t changed the wiring and the printer was just left sitting for a couple of weeks and I really haven’t changed anything.

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thank you in advance

Remember that the extruder will not do anything unless it is heated.

Did you try to Home the x, y, and z axes?

Maybe you have a loose connection to one of your limit switches. These printers shake a lot, so it never hurts to inspect for loose connectors.

If you have a voltmeter, check the supply voltage going into the controller to see if it is sagging under load when you try to move the motors.

Also, 0.45 is on the low end of the range for the stepper control voltages. I run mine at 0.55 without any trouble.

Dr. Vegetable has some very good points.

I had sort of the same thing happen to me.
Check the printer setting upper right corner.
Make sure you have the correct Com Port selected
Baud Rate = 250000
Reset on Connect = Disabled (this is the one that changed on me I have no idea how it happened)

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.

My printer setting for Reset on Connect was indeed changed from disabled for some reason, but even after changing it back, I have the same issue.

With regards to the extruder temperature: I bypassed having to heat the extruder by adding a resistor to the thermocoupler(?) pins which worked for me. When I hit extrude on the software, the pins at the top left corner output 0V except Vdd and enable pins. I think there might be something wrong with the circuit board.

You might try uninstalling the software and reinstalling it.
Even better try it on another computer.
You can get the software from this link.
http://www.k8200.eu/downloads/files/downloads/setup_repetierhost_k8200_0_95f.zip
This might tell yo if the computer has an issue.