Calibration ABS 3.00mm k8200

Hello,

I’ve got my k8200.

Is there a ABS (3.00mm color black) Profile for the K8200?
What temperature of extrusion and bed temperature to use? the abs does not stick.

Thanks!

well i am sorry to say this but save yourself the trouble, your probably better off buying PLA, when i first got my K8200 if f*cked around with ABS for a long time because i wanted it to be my go to filament but the printbed simply does not get hot enough for a good adhesion.

a dedicated heatbed power supply is supposedly the solution but good ABS prints on a stock K8200 sorry forget about it.

[color=#0000BF]EDIT: Dr. Vegetable couldn’t have said it better, what he describes is the best method of getting it to work (this forum lacks a ‘‘like’’ button )[/color]

RetroDD is correct - it is easier to work with PLA until you get used to using your printer. Temperatures are lower, adhesion is easier, and the material doesn’t shrink as much when it cools.

For ABS, I use a bed temperature of at least 70 degrees. It also helps to use some kind of treatment on the bed. I have used “ABS Juice” - ABS scraps dissolved in acetone, then wiped onto the bed. This can help the ABS to stick until the print job is finished. You may find it difficult/impossible to get the bed hot enough unless you add an external power supply for the heater.

If you haven’t already, you should consider adding the borosilicate glass plate to the bed. The glass is smoother and flatter than the heater PCB, so you can get a thinner first layer. You want that first layer to be slightly smushed onto the bed.

I’ve spent a lot of time learning how to get decent results with ABS, but PLA is still my go-to material for most applications. It is much easier to work with.

Good luck!

1 Like