Calibrating / adjustment Z axis / height

Hello everyone,

I’m changing the nozzle of my stock K8200 printer and need to access the instructions for calibration and adjustment of the Z / height axis. I’ve searched this forum and the FAQ site for the K8200 but did not find the manual.

Can someone please let me know where I can find these instructions?

Thanks!

Try this link.
http://www.k8200.eu/manual/printing/?c=003

I found an easy way to adjust the Z axis after an extruder swap.

1.) Start by leveling the bed as usual, by lowering the print head to the table, then adjusting the corners until the print bed is the same distance no matter where you move the x,y table.
2.) The horizontal arm that supports the extruder is attached to the Z carriage by two horizontal bolts, one above the arm (shown in the picture below) and another below. Support the extruder arm while you loosen these 2 bolts so that the support arm can slide up and down.
3.) Place a sheet or two of paper between the extruder nozzle and the bed surface. Using the Repetier print control panel, command the printer to home the z axis.
4.) With the nozzle still resting on the paper, tighten both bolts.

NOTE: Be careful that the z carriage doesn’t move so low that it can collide with the print bed. If this happens, lengthen the z axis adjust screw (the one that actuates the limit switch) and repeat steps 2 - 4.

Thank you! Got it all working now!

The K8200 rocks, I am now assembling a K8400. :slight_smile: